I have at least 4 or 5 pairs of the rubber/plastic kind (one in each of all the important colors),
a pair or two made of leather and some really cute leather Ugg ones that have a cute little heel.
I've busted my tail my fair share of times while slipping in a flip flop.
Two or three of those times were on WalMart property- just a note, rubber flip flops from Old Navy will not give you any traction whatsoever while walking in the crosswalk lines at the front door when it's raining... just wear something else, seriously.
This got me to thinking, why do we wear flipflops? So here's my top reasons why I believe we wear them.
- The noise they make. Flip, flop, flip, flop. Flip, flop, flip, flop. Flip, flop, flip, flop. Flipflopflipflopflipflopflipflop.
- You can wear them with a dress, with pajama pants, jeans, shorts. I've probably worn flip flops with more outfits than I would like to admit. :)
- They scream casual, even if they are a little bit on the dressy side and have shimmer or bedazzle or metallic or black leather with a mini heel.
- You really do not wear socks with them. I don't care if your feet get dirty (or you're from Miami), that's what a bath/hot washcloth/water is for.
- It's hilarious when they fly off when you're doing stupid things with friends. Or dangling your legs off a ledge.
- They are perfect for the beach, lake or river. If they get wet, they probably aren't ruined. They float, so they are easy to find if you jump right in.
- This brings me to my next point- if they get dirty, you just hose them off (well, the plastic ones). If they get really dirty, you can bleach them.
- Wearing them gives you a super good
excusereason to get a pedicure. You shouldn't ignore your feet when wearing sandals of any kind. Seriously. Nasty toenails, bunions, callouses, cracked heels are all a no-no.
- They work for 40 or 100 degree weather. You might regret them in the 40 degree weather, but honestly, I've worn them in that weather because I couldn't find sneakers and I had two minutes to run to class (and I only woke up 2 minutes before that to throw my hair in a ponytail and halfway brush my teeth- but that's another story).
- You can throw them on in a hot second. No extra straps, no laces.
That is all for now my friends. Thanks for reading :)