Here is a super easy gift basket that YOU can make in minutes. Customize the size of the basket to accommodate your gift giving needs. (*see directions at bottom for changing dimensions). In very little time you can have an inexpensive "gift basket" to fill for your mom.
Voila, Mother's Day is in the bag.
- Paper (construction, scrapbook, plain standard printer paper – whatever you want)
- Glue (we prefer plain bottled glue because it can address
- Pens, Crayons, markers, glitter pens, stamps. Basically anything you'd use for decoration.
- Easter Basket Template (DOWNLOAD BASKET TEMPLATE HERE) .
If you do not have a printer that is currently working to print this template, then you will need a ruler and pencil to draw it out.
- Ribbon for handle and/or decoration
Let’s start with a simple paper basket. We just did a small basket beginning with a 6”X6” square. Download the template and print it – to make it super simple just print it onto whatever paper you want to make your basket out of.
1. Print template onto your paper and cut out the square.
2. Cut on the straight lines (using straight edge or fun craft scissors)
3. Fold in on the dotted lines
*if you want to decorate the outside of your basket, you'll want to complete this part now, as it's easiest to do while it’s still flat. Just decorate the center outside square of each side and when you fold the sides together make sure it is on the outside.4. Put glue on one of the 2 inch squares that has been separated by cutting and fold a square next to it in to glue them together.
5. Repeat step 4 on the same side to connect together one side of the box (picture may clear up my meaning - cause I don't think I'm doing so well with words)
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 on the other side of your square/box
7. You can leave your basket open without a handle like a little origami box or create a handle any way you like
8. Decorate (We cut out a heart and wrote "Mom" to decorate the front of our basket)
9. Fill your basket with a few small items.
ex. trial/travel size lotion, bubble bath, massage oil, tea, wrapped candies, handmade jewelry (string beads to make bracelet or necklace)...
10. Do the Happy Dance. You have a cute handmade gift basket for MOM.
*Changing Basket Dimensions: For those of you wanting a larger basket or without a working printer just use a ruler do create your own template. The trick to this is that the square needs to be divided into 1/3 sections. The baskets we made began with a 6” square and are the right size for one to two eggs. The 6” size was easy since 1/3 of this size is 2”, so everything is 2” apart. However, you could easily use any size square and just do the math (that is if you are still able to do math despite severe mamma sleep deprivation)